Medical Record Pay rate per Statute 146.83 (3f) (b)
(Current as of July 1, 2012)
1. For paper copies: $1.02 per page for the first 25 pages
$0.76 cents per page for pages 26 to 50
$0.51 cents per page for pages 51 to 100
$0.30 cents per page for pages 101 and above.
2. For microfiche or microfilm copies, $1.52 per page.
3. For a print of an X-ray, $10.15 per image.
4. If the requester is not the patient or a person authorized by the patient, for certification of copies, a single $8.00 charge.
5. If the requester is not the patient or a person authorized by the patient, a single retrieval fee of $20.30 for all copies requested.
6. Actual shipping costs and any applicable taxes.
Why do the rates change?
On each July 1, beginning on July 1, 2012, the department shall adjust the dollar amounts specified under par. (b) by the percentage difference between the consumer price index for the 12-month period ending on December 31 of the preceding year and the consumer price index for the 12-month period ending on December 31 of the year before the preceding year. The department shall notify the legislative reference bureau of the adjusted amounts and the legislative reference bureau shall publish the adjusted amounts in the Wisconsin Administrative Register.