The Trial Division also handles certain other juvenile court matters and proceedings. Questions about the specific case types that the Trial Division handles may be directed to the supervisor of the local office that serves your area (see Directory for listing of offices).

Before the Trial Division may assign an attorney in an adult proceeding, the person must complete a financial evaluation (see Financial Eligibilityfor more information). Adult clients and parents of juvenile clients are assessed fees for Trial Division representation (see Fees for Trial Representation), which help to pay for the cost of public defender services. However, no one is denied representation because of inability to pay.